Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Let's get this party started!

Something my mom said over this most recent winter break home: meditate in the same room every day and over time simply walking into the room can bring a calm over you.  In the same light, something I was thinking about today was how even though I feel very much myself around my good friends, I still act subtly different with different friends, no doubt due to character roles we've fallen into over our many times together.  It therefore seems very important to set the stage for something like this (this blog-space), and to lay down the groundwork to make this blog somewhere I come to play around, experiment with abandon, and say whatever I'm thinking about, and you the reader (probably also me, or Pearl, who will be introduced soon) can come expecting a stream of consciousness chronicling 2015, the year of the blog.

So let's set the stage!  I'm a physics grad student and I can already sense my style of writing homework solutions, which often includes the reader in the process by using ample instances of "let's solve this equation" and "now we see what we've been searching for", coming into my writing here (see title).  My fun and adventurous girlfriend of about 6 months -- you guessed it! Pearl -- and I have made a resolution for the new year to each start and maintain a blog over the course of 2015!  We're hoping to lay down our thoughts and record any events that happen to us while learning about design as it pertains to websites and about some of the technical HTML type stuff that goes into customizing a sick user-friendly website.  

Who am I thinking the audience will be?  I'm already writing this a little differently than when I put my thoughts down on paper, which is feeling slightly restrictive but I hope I'll break that down over time and feel comfortable sharing whatever's on my mind with whoever might be reading.  In reality, though, this is for me, and I hope to make this an outlet of expression and to learn a lot in the process.  There we go, the first brick has been laid!  Till next time...